Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The fun has only just begun...

Tomorrow night is our first performance of "Mission Possible". With a cast of 90+ kids, it has been an extremely busy and stressful past 6 weeks trying to get this all pulled together. I was asked to assist with backstage help - and agreed - but had no idea what that really meant! I envisioned getting to know some wonderful and hard working members of our new congregation, being with my kids while they were rehearsing, and having a great time. Well, those all came true, but at the expense of spending 6 evenings a week, for the past few weeks, at the church building, many of those being extremely late nights (I haven't been out until midnight since before I had kids!). I am the "stage right" hand, dressed in black, in headphones with script and notes in hand. I know what every kid is wearing in all 13 songs, where it is kept, who is in each scene (for the entire two hour performance), and every other in-and-out of the backstage organization of such a huge production. All stage charts have been done on my computer, and changed after every rehearsal to meet the needs of everyone. Needless to say, my house is a mess, we have no food anywhere, clean clothes are very hard to come by, I am extremely sleep deprived, but I am in organizational-hog-heaven! I have a whole new group of absolutely wonderful christian friends who are as committed - if not more - than I am to making this a wonderful experience for our kids and a successful outreach to the community.

Man, I've never blogged so much in my life! Probably never will again either. :)

Oh, Mikaela and Camryn both have a few lines in the musical. They are thrilled! The main parts go to the sixth graders - something for Mikaela to look forward to next year. I wish you all could come and see it...I'll try to get Addison to take some pictures during the performances so I can post them here.

Break a leg...

4 comments:

Sharla said...

OK, it's official: You are CRAZY!!! Actually, it sounds kinda fun. Wish I could come see it!!!

Sharla said...

OK, it's official: You are CRAZY!!! Actually, it sounds kinda fun. Wish I could come see it!!!

Leah said...

I wish we were there, too! Please send (or post) pictures (if you have time to take any). Maybe Addision will take some for us....

Michelle said...

Wish we were there to cheer you on! I hope Addison took a picture of you in your outfit (complete with headset).