Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A blog-visit to the hospital


Since you all aren't lucky enough to go visit Dad in the hospital this week, I thought I'd take you there - virtually...


This is the door to his accomodations last night. Sorry, but I didn't think to bring the camera that night, so we have no pictures of him actually in there. You know, you don't really think to grab the camera when you get the call that your dad has had a heart attack. Next time I'll try to do better!



They had him hooked up to every machine possible. There were wires and tubes everywhere ... he couldn't move much at all.
Here is tonight's fancy suite, and Dad modeling his lovely hospital attire. You can tell he is feeling MUCH better today.

Dad did get in trouble today from the nurse for leaving his room. He took off to the cafeteria to get a coke, and she was standing in the hall waiting for him when he returned! They have him hooked up - still - so they don't want him going far. Guess his heart rate went down to 30 this evening. They came running to check on him when they spotted that! He pottied, which caused the drop ... guess that is a very relaxing activity. :)



Here he is trying to make another get-away so we can go throw pennies in the fountain. We all are a little overwhelming when we show up at the hospital - aren't we?!?!?

Well, now you know what we do. He's hoping to convince the Dr. to spring him tomorrow (Thursday).!

2 comments:

Leah said...

Thanks for taking us on a virtual tour!

Michelle said...

Thanks for the pictures. I was feeling very far away but after seeing him back to his old self, I feel much better. See you all in a few weeks.