Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Ready or not, here we come!

Well, there's no turning back now - today was middle school orientation. My baby is actually going to grow up and leave me behind. I'm not sure that I'm ready for it - but I'm pretty sure she is. I'm not sure if you can tell from this picture (it was taken at 8:30 last night - not the best picture-taking time of day), but she has CHANGED this summer! Since I had such a miserable time with junior high (think nerdy, big nosed, zit faced), I decided to treat her to a bit of pamering this summer. She is now allowed to wear makeup (okay, just mascara and a bit of eye shadow), she got a new stylish hair cut (notice the side bangs?), and last week I even took her into my "face lady" for a teen facial with "brows"(lose the unibrow)!

I know it is all external, but my work seemed to pay off today at orientation. Mikaela stepped right up in the foreign world of middle school choas and got her picture taken, received her ASB card, requested her new PE uniform, and took me on a tour of the school enough times that she can now find all of her classes without a map! Lets hope the confidence lasts her through the first week of school!

And lets also hope I can drop her and her two friends off on the first day of school before I melt into a giant blubbering mess ...

3 comments:

Sharla said...

WOW!!! Before I even read your comments, my first thought was, "M has CHANGED!" She looks so grown up, not a little girl anymore! *sniff* You're such a good mommy to be doing whatever you can to help her start middle school confidently. My stomach churns just thinking back at that stage of life!

Unknown said...

WOW is right--she looks SO grown up! I can't wait to hear how middle school goes for her! We have to get up there to visit before your girls are all grown up (or you can always visit here!).

Jason said...

Yeah... don't give her too much confidence or you're going to end up with a bunch of boys calling the house!