Well, life here never gets boring - that's for sure. Last Friday, I "got" to work/volunteer at the school all day helping with school pictures. It was a LONG day for me - running back and forth to get classes, listening to complaining teachers, combing hair, etc. Jillian had a bit of a cold, but being the non-panicking mom that I now am, I went ahead and let her attend school. "Hey, it's just a cold! All the other kids go to school with a cold!" Anyway, when we got home, poor Jillian sat curled up on the couch complaining that she was so cold. So, being the good mom that I am, I finally took her temperature...104! Wow! And it was 104 ON motrin! Because, being the good mom that I am, I did give her medicine all day since I was at the school with her all day! Needless to say, I was now a bit panicked - 104 is no little fever! Anyway, we had a nice calm weekend and everyone just sat around and relaxed. Jillian's temp would fluxuate, but no more 104's. So yesterday, being the good mom that I am, I kept her home for one more day. She was feverless, but had still had a 100 temp on Sunday. I am a strong believer of the "24 hour rule" - keep the kid home from school until they are fever-free for 24 hours. But yesterday, once again, her temperature started to spike - I caught it at 102.5. At that point, we finally made a trip to the doctor. No child should run a fever for 4 days! The doctor started to do the exam, and then said, "have you seen this rash all over her body?". Well, being the "good mom that I am", I had not seen the rash. "Roseola", said the doctor, "late onset".
So, I guess God knew I couldn't handle Roseola along with febrile seizures when J was a baby. Thank you God! And now she gets a week off school!

(I can't post without a picture - here is a picture of Sadie with her new bone!)
No comments:
Post a Comment