Thursday, July 24, 2008
MEGA Sports Camp
Last week was our VBS - it was great but totally exhausting! Our church decided to leave the "traditional" VBS behind, and try something new - a week long sports camp! We also decided to combine our usual two sessions (AM and PM) into one big evening session. It was a huge experiment that ended up being a huge success. We had 300 kids and 150 volunteers who all went non-stop for three hours straight every night. The kids (and their leaders) got to participate in soccer, basketball, cheer/baseball and crafts each night. There wasn't a dull moment the entire time! Addison and I both led groups of about 25 kids each - Addison had J's group (Preschool-First Grade), and I had C's group (4-6th grade). M was able to serve as a youth staff and helped with Addison's group. Taking 25 little 4-6 year olds around to different stations every half hour just about put him over the edge at times! Every time I saw him, he was busy counting kids to make sure he didn't lose anyone! Here are just a few pictures of the week.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I've GOT to get me some of those awesome sunglasses! Cute pictures!!!
Oops, I posted under Tuell's ID. That was really your thister, not Tuell. Although he would look quite handsome in those glasses too...
Post a Comment