Monday, July 14, 2008

Our New Car!

After much saving, comparing, and stressing, we have finally taken the plunge! Our poor "old" cars seem to both be on their last legs this past year. I have been wanting to take a family vacation/road trip this summer, but we just don't trust our poor old van anymore. It's great that it's paid off, but always has little things going wrong.

Addison's Saturn is having even bigger issues, but is a great gas-saver/commuter car. You just have to remember to bring an extra key along when you drive it since the key gets stuck in the ignition when it is parked.

So, when we got our wonderful stumulus present from the gov't, we knew it must be the time to splurge and invest in a new and reliable car. It was a tough decision deciding, first, which clunker to replace, and second, what to buy! It's also hard to go from no car payments to a new payment every month.

So, our new investments have been great! We feel like we are in a spaceship with all the new digital technology - and they run sooooo smoothly - you hardly feel anything. It was hard to take the plunge and buy "top of the line" - but we got a great 30% off deal, and they are something we will be using every day! I feel so spoiled! So, here our our wonderful new toys ...












Okay, life isn't always what you expect. Our 15 year old dryer died last week and I have been drying our laundry outside for the past week ("crunchy" clothes - yuck). We did get a great deal on top-of-the-line, spaceship-like purchases - they just aren't exactly what we wanted to spend our money on. I am probably the only one who is thrilled that I can fit 16 pairs of jeans in my super-sized washer, and have a steam option on my dryer so I no longer need to own an iron - but it is the most exciting thing I have bought in a long time! Laundry for a family of 5 will no longer haunt me DAILY - maybe now I only need to wash every other day or so!

2 comments:

Sharla said...

Oh no, you got me! I was all excited to see a new car. But your new machines are SOOO cool!!! I keep hoping mine will die soon so I can get some nice ones. :)

Leah said...

I hope you don't feel like you're in "Mission:SPACE"!